Readers I hope you have tried the new Loaf Slice Dessert Range, now available in Coles Supermarkets. These are delicious restaurant quality treats pre -prepared for those times when convenience and taste are everything. I have fallen in love with the range.
Today I want to share a dessert idea using the Explosive Ginger slice. It is the most lush Caramel Ginger Sundae you will every taste, and with the help of Loaf Slice range it is ready in only 10 minutes!
Oh, and best of all no one needs to know you didn’t make it from scratch yourself.
Ginger Caramel Ice-cream Sundae
- Good quality vanilla ice-cream
- LOAF Explosive Ginger Slice, finely chopped
- Rich Caramel Sauce
Rich Caramel Sauce:
- 150g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 75g unsalted butter, chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. For the sauce, combine the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes then add the cream and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes or until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat and cool slightly then stir in the vanilla.
2. Divide scoops of ice-cream among serving glasses or bowls then pour warm sauce over each. Sprinkle generously with the chopped slice then serve immediately.
Have I convinced you to these are must have desserts yet?
Look at these other delicious flavours;
Sticky Chocolate Slice
Cranberry & Pistachio Slice
Gooey Caramel Slice
The range is available at Coles Supermarkets throughout Victoria and New South Wales.
What do you think of this decadent dessert readers? I hope you rush out and give it a try. If you are looking for more delicious ideas from Loaf NZ follow the link.
Gourmet Getaways would like to thank Loaf NZ for providing their delicious product for review. This has not been a paid post however and all opinions in this story are honest, and accurately reflect the writer’s viewpoint. These beautiful images were also supplied by Loaf NZ.