Ding Dong the witch is dead… witch oh witch, wicked witch…
I couldn’t help sing this childish song as I prepared these Spooky Halloween Burgers. The wicked witch may be dead, but her black cat is guarding this delicious and wholesome Halloween Party food idea.
Each year we have a Halloween Party and go trick or treating with the children. Healthy finger food on the table is so much easier to manage than a sit down meal. So my “Spooky” Halloween plate to share will be a double batch of these burgers. I will make half using the witch cookie cutter and half with her cat.
I chose to make the burger on a English muffin as I thought a smaller burger would be a better party food.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 Burger
- 6 English muffins
- 6 Burger Patties
- 6 slices of cheese
- 60gm butter
- 1 small butter lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 x 200gm can beetroot
- 80ml tomato sauce
- Split the muffins in half and toast.
- Fry the burger patties whilst the muffins are being toasted.
- Butter each side of the muffins.
- On one side of each of the 6 muffins, place a slice of tomato, and lettuce.
- On the other side of the six muffins place the cooked burger patty and a smear it with tomato sauce.
- Cut a Halloween figure such as a cat, witch or bat out of the cheese with a cookie cutter. Reserve the figure.
- Place the cheese with the cut out on top of the burger patty.
- Cut the same figure out of a round of beetroot.
- Slot the cheese into the beetroot cut out.
- Place this on the salad side of the burger.
- The remaining beetroot cut out can be served alongside the burger.
I have served extra sauce in a cauldron which you can buy in varying sizes from the reject shops, or $2 junk shops.
I hope readers are enjoying the lead up to Halloween. I have a few more party treats to share in the next few days.