Something I really love about blogging is socialising with “like minded people. ” Part of this social interaction is the sharing of recipes, oogling over delicious images, notifying everyone of up coming food and wine events, testing driving new restaurants and the giving and receiving of comments. Comments are the way that food writers know that readers value the site, or like our foodie images.
My gorgeous blogging friend “Choc Chip Uru” from “Go Bake Yourself” has gone one step further and past on a blogging award for my site. She has nominated Gourmet Getaways as being one of her favourite Super Sweet Blogs. (Blush)
In honour of that I feel I must provide a quick a super terrific sweet treat for readers before I pass the title to another 13 bloggers. (A bakers dozen.)
Triple Chocolate Oreo Dessert
I have chosen this dessert because it is so quick and easy to make, but looks and tastes amazing.
2 Pkts Oreo Original cookies
200gm dark chocolate
1Tbs golden syrup
200gm white chocolate
400ml Store bought custard
600ml thickened cream
- Food process one packet of Oreos until you achieve a rough crumb texture. Add a dessert spoon of crumb to the bottom of eight 80ml to 120ml glasses. Either large shot glasses or small juice glasses. It is important that this is a mini dessert as it is very rich.
- Place the dark chocolate and golden syrup in a glass bowl and microwave in 30 second burst until just melted. Reserve to cool slightly.
- In a second glass bowl microwave the white chocolate in the same manner as the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add 200mls of custard to the dark chocolate and stir through until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the cream to the dark chocolate mixture and gently fold through until combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the chocolate custard and half fill the shot glass with the dark chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate the glasses whilst you prepare the white chocolate custard
- Add the remainder of the custard to the white chocolate and stir through until smooth.
- Add 1/3 of the cream to the white chocolate mixture and combine until smooth.
- Using a clean piping bag pipe the custard on top of the dark chocolate mixture and refrigerate.
- Add the remaining cream and oreo’s to the top of the glasses prior to serving.
Back to the Sweet Blogging Award
For those nominated you need to do the following:
Thank the super sweet blogger that nominated you.
Nominate a baker’s dozen of bloggers (that’s 13)
Answer 5 super questions.
Here are the super sweet questions:
- Would you choose Cookies or Cake?
- Do you prefer Chocolate or Vanilla?
- What is your favourite sweet treat?
- When do you crave sweet things the most?
- Do you have a sweet nickname, what would it be?
…and here are my answers
- It has to be a luscious, layered, multi dimensional masterpeice. Like the V8 cake!
- Really… is that a serious question. Chocolate of course… vanilla means you couldn’t be bothered adding a flavour
- Link to a recipe
- At the moment any thing carmely or with runny gooey chocolate.
- No… I don’t have a sweet nickname… hmm maybe I am not quite sweet enough yet
And now for my super sweet nominee…
I have chosen these bloggers because I love their websites. I have been reading some of these sites for over two years now and want to say thank you for sharing.